Traditional Candied Walnuts
Traditional Candied Walnuts, simple homemade goodness, and wonderful way to add a delightful crunch to your salads, desserts, and snacks. With just a handful of ingredients and a dash of patience, you can whip up these addictive treats right in your own kitchen. Let’s dive into the recipe and create a batch of irresistible candied walnuts.
traditional Candied Walnuts
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 5 minutes
Yields: 1 cup
1 cup walnuts
½ cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons coconut oil
pinch of salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil, and set it aside.
- In a small bowl, toss the walnuts with powdered sugar and a pinch of salt until they are coated evenly.
- In a non-stick skillet, warm 2 teaspoons of coconut oil over medium-low heat.
- Add the coated walnuts to the skillet and roast them at medium-low heat, stirring constantly. This process should take about 5 minutes.
- Continue to roast and stir the walnuts until the sugar melts and becomes translucent, and the walnuts are well coated.
- Once the walnuts are entirely coated, promptly remove them from the heat.
- Immediately spread the candied walnuts out onto the prepared baking sheet. To prevent clumps, gently separate the walnuts while they are still warm and pliable using a fork or spatula.
- Allow the candied walnuts to cool completely on the baking sheet. This will allow them to harden and become crisp.
- Once the walnuts are completely cooled and hardened, carefully break apart any clusters that may have formed.
- Once the candied walnuts are fully cooled and separated, store them in an airtight container to maintain their freshness.
- You can customize this recipe by adding other spices like nutmeg or a pinch of cayenne pepper for some heat.
- Candied walnuts can be used as toppings for salads, desserts, or enjoyed as a standalone snack.
- Exercise caution when working with hot sugar syrup, as it can cause severe burns. Handle it carefully and keep children and pets away from the cooking area.
- The recipe can be easily adjusted by doubling or halving the ingredients based on your needs. Just ensure you adjust cooking times and temperatures accordingly.
There you have it—a fantastic recipe for homemade candied walnuts that combines sweetness, crunch, and a touch of creativity. With a few simple steps and readily available ingredients, you can craft a batch of candied walnuts that will impress your taste buds and elevate your culinary endeavors. So, gather your ingredients, put on your apron, and embark on a journey to create these delectable treats.
⚠️ Exercise caution when working with hot sugar syrup, as it can cause severe burns. Handle it carefully and keep children and pets away from the cooking area.